Vogue’s London Fashion Night Out (FNO) has been a big hit and the numbers of shops and fashion brands participating have been increasing each year. Last year, Bond Street was closed to traffic and there were band stands, carousels and Hermes had a truck parked outside their shop offering competitions to win Hermes goodies.
This year, it looks like is going to be even more spectacular and even more fun.
Here is a run down of the top events and what not to miss:
Meet the Designers
- Orla Kiely will be at Uniglo and if you buy any of her special designs for Uniglo, you will get a bunch of flowers and a free Olra Kiely tote bag.
- At Harvey Nichols are hosting special appearances from Jonathan Saunders, Louise Gray, Marios Schwab, Roksanda Ilincic and Markus Lupfer.
Which Models Are Where?
- YASMIN LE BON will join daughter Amber and fellow model Lizzy Jagger to star in a public catwalk show celebrating V ogue’s Fashion’s Night Out on Thursday September 6. The trio will model a mix of high street and luxury labels at the event, held at the Westfield shopping centre in Hammersmith.
Free Makeovers and Fashion Styling at FNO
- One year Chanel had free manicures with their latest Le Vernis nail polish colours in Selfridges. This year they are launching ‘Les Twin-Sets de Chanel and you can get a makeover at their Covent Garden popo up.
- At Louis Vuitton : In celebration of Louis Vuitton’s recent collaboration with Yayoi Kusama, the New Bond Street flagship will be hosting a Japanese-themed event for Fashion’s Night Out. After a fun styling session with Vogue’s Fashion Editor Francesca Burns, guests can enjoy music from DJ duo ‘Broken Hearts’ whilst sampling Japanese-inspired drinks.
- Grab a Dior Makeup masterclass at House of Fraser.
Other Not to Miss FNO Events
- At TopShop Delilah will be putting the mannequins to shame, performing in the Oxford Circus store’s front window at 7pm and 8pm. Everyone will get a raffle ticket to win prizes every 30 minutes.
- Dance to DJ sets from Richard Sloan during Fashions Night Out at Liberty
- In Selfridges: beauty makeovers, exclusive previews of collections and even an in-store carnival
- Head to Hermès for a scarf styling session – but don’t forget your dancing shoes. Swing patrol will be on hand to provide 50’s style dance lessons.
- Missoni has created a limited edition ring and pouch especially for Fashion’s Night Out, which will be exclusively available on the night to raise money for the charity Edode. Campari and the Hummingbird Bakery will be providing refreshments and a gelato cart will be parked outside the store all evening to supply friends and fans with tasty Italian treats.
- At Christian Louboutin : Fashion’s Night Out is all about next season’s trends, but if you want more of an insight into the future ask Louboutin’s tarot readers and fortune tellers. They will be unveiling the Highness Dragon Tattoo for women and the Henri Dragon Tattoo for men.
- The Burlington Arcade’s ‘Night at the Circus’ theme promises quite a spectacle. The glitzy interior will see stilt walkers, burlesque dancers, trapeze artists, candyfloss and a chocolate fountain all for the late-night customer’s pleasure.
- Daks on Jermyn Street has a lawned garden offering British refreshments and will be offering the chance to win tcikets to London Fashion Week.
- Oliver Sweeney’s Conduit Street store has teamed up with James Shoe Shine to offer a free shoe polishing service in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out.
- Paul Smith will be debuting his exclusively designed silk scarf for Fashion’s Night Out.
- A pop-up salon and mini film festival will be held at W London in celebration of this year’s Fashion’s Night Out.